Tuesday, April 11, 2017

How Do Students Learn?


As a student, I've learned many different methods on how I need to learn something. For example, I learned three different methods such as Visual, Auditory, and Kinesthetic. I learn best auditory because I can't learn something without hearing other people discuss about it or explain. Visual learning is a type of learning where you can remember something visually. Honestly, I can't remember something visually even if it is in a picture, and studying written words. I can't memorize when it's written but when it's said then I can remember it well. Kinesthetic is hands on learning;for example, in labs and exercising while studying. This seems pretty hard for me because when I am doing exercise, I can't study or concentrate on what I am doing. 

As a teacher, I should be able to know what my student's learning styles are, so I can help them in the best way I can. I think, I need to be more visual because being visual will help me become more creative and a better teacher. Being able to learn auditory will help me also because I will remember information better, and be able to relate it in meetings and instruction in my classroom.

In my opinion, humans need some type of motivation because it will help them work harder, and make them reach their goals. I know that, in my observation, students trade in Dojo points that they received from the end of the day for prizes and candy. My host teacher has a chart hanging on the board so that the students can work hard and behave to get Dojo points. I think, us as adults should have motivation because everyone has a bad day. Sometimes, you feel unmotivated for work and you need to something to work harder to get the reward. All humans are the same, and I believe that everyone should have some type of motivation to get the reward!

Thank you for reading my blog and watch the video below!

2 comments:

  1. I like that you included a video to watch to further describe learning styles! I also think it's important to know the way(s) your students learn. With that being said, I definitely think I will give my own students a short "quiz" that allows me to identify how each student learns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim--
    I thought the video that you incorporated with your blog post was super beneficial! Also, I agree with you. I used to be a visual learner, but now I can't learn through visuals.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete