Monday, April 17, 2017

Gamification, Yay or Nay?

Gamification is engaging others in problem solving, and to promote specific gains in learning by using badges; for example, Khan's Academy. Also Gamification can challenge students to solve real world problems such as hunger, poverty, climate change, and global peace. It is to challenge and promote learning with others, and to increase the level of involvement and motivation.

The important thing to understand while using Gamification in my classroom is to make sure that the games are fun, and match the topic of what I am teaching the students. Next, I need to make sure that the students should be engaged in the game, and depending on their grade level, give them a game that they should understand. I want to make Gamification, like a problem solving technique so I can see what the kids are thinking, so they can grow their mind, and understand the content of what they are learning.

The best example of Gamification, is Osmo. Osmo is the Gamification app that we used in class on the iPad. In my opinion, it is very interactive, and I liked how the character brings all of your drawings to life, and makes learning fun for the child. Osmo has a lot of games;for example, the shapes, the pizza, and the drawing game. My favorite one is the drawing because when I draw the picture, it will bring my drawing to life on the iPad. I found the characters cute, and I will definitely use Osmo in my classroom.

I think Gamification is good because it is like a game, but interactive with problem solving. It gives me a lot of interactive games so the students can play and learn with it. If I had this when I was younger, I will learn faster because I like learning when someone tells me how to do it instead of reading.
Thank you for reading my blog!


Image result for osmo

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you mentioned about gamification in the classroom. There are many important things to consider when introducing it to your students. I also like the video that you added at the end of your post! Great job!

    ReplyDelete