Friday, March 31, 2017

What's the Difference between Argumented and Virtual Reality?

The difference between AR and VR is VR  is using the lenses to capture something that you cannot see in real life. It makes the person who is seeing it feels like they are seeing the experience first hand which stimulates their vision and their hearing. Above that, AR is using a computer generated enhancement above an existing reality to make it more interesting by making the person the ability to interact with it. AR is developed into apps and used on mobile devices to blend digital components into the real world in a way that they enhance one another.  Therefore, Augmented reality and virtual reality are inverse reflections of one in another with what each technology seeks to accomplish and deliver for the user. Virtual reality offers  of a real life setting in a technological device, while augmented reality delivers virtual elements as an overlay to the real world.

In my Classroom, I will use AR because it is easier for the student to interact by using technology to see what they are learning about. I like VR, but I don't know if the students will be interested in putting the lenses in their eyes and seeing what it looks like by seeing it over the lenses. AR is very interesting because it turns everything that we can see in reality into something we can see by putting a technological device over it. I think that students at a younger age will like it because they can see with their eyes on their screen but it feels that it's right in front of them. For example, by coloring a picture and going to an app and placing it right above the coloring picture like we did in class. If I put it in a class, the student's will be very interested and will keep coloring. In my opinion, VR should be used for older students because they will see better than the younger students, and they will be more interested. But for me as a Early Childhood and Special Education major, I would definitely use AR in my classroom. Watch this video below and thank you for reading my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly, I like how your the app in the video uses both AR and VR that is really neat. I agree with you that I see AR being more useful in the classroom. I also think that with AR the teacher is able to be more involved, with some of the VR options the teacher is not able to see exactly what the student is seeing.
    Allyson

    ReplyDelete